Dear Parents and learners
Learners who missed an examination must report at 8am on 2nd December to write the missed paper(s). If the child is in quarantine/isolation for any reason, please contact me immediately so we can make arrangements for examinations to be written in isolation.
Dates to diarise:
Reports for grade 8, 9 and 10 will be issued on 15th December 2021 – all textbooks must be returned. Learners can come in civvies to collect reports from the front of the hall between 8.00 and 9.00. Covid regulations still apply. The children must collect reports and move off – we cannot have people meeting at school.
Reports for grade 11 will be issued on 14th December 2021 2021 – all textbooks must be returned. Learners can come in civvies to collect reports from the front of the hall between 8.00 and 9.00. Covid regulations still apply. The children must collect reports and move off – we cannot have people meeting at school.
- Grade 10 and 11 learners who want to put in a subject change request for 2022, must do so in writing by 15th December.
- During the week on 6th – 10th December there will be a number of activities for the learners to participate in:
- Basketball – will take place each day – see information at the end of this newsletter. Pay at the accounts office, Collect an indemnity form and confirm booking with Mr Maredi. All Covid regulations will apply.
- House play practice – check with the educator in charge or Mr Brown
- Library monitors – some learners will be required to assist in the library
- Robotics – details to follow
Covid regulations -:
- Mask wearing is compulsory. Buffs are not allowed
- Social distancing is essential – no touching, hugging and kissing.
- Please inform the school should your family be in isolation due to a person in the household testing positive for Covid.
Many of the learners have had the vaccination and everyone is encouraged to make an informed decision about vaccinations.
National Teaching Awards
1. Mrs Ismail who received the First Place in Gauteng award for the category Excellence in Secondary school Mathematics FET phase.
2. Mr Esterhuizen who received Third place in Gauteng for Excellence in Secondary School Teaching.
Thank you Mr Brown for encouraging the participation in this competition
1. The Marimba band won first place. Thank you Mr Mathipa for all the time you spend helping the learners to perfect their playing.
The members of the band are Daison Mtembu, Jabulile Maseko, Sonwabiso Maki, Rosemary Moshoeshoe. Moise Kalonji, Tshepang Mashego, Lwazi Mbatha, Neo Matheba, Kutloano Mathebula, Thami Macheri
2. Public Speaking
Rosemary Moshoeshoe won second place
Khensani Mnisi won second place
4. Photography – Thank you Mr Esterhuizen for teaching and encouraging the learners
- First place – Lamee’ah Ismail
- Second place – Aatiqa Cassim
- Third Place – Taahir Motara
The photographs that were entered in the competition are as follows:
1″It was a mistake” Huawei P Smart 2021
2 “Sometimes you have to choose to take risks to get the perfect shot” Nikon D5300
Figure 3″It is your choice to recognize the beauty of every small detail” Samsung S20+
Thank you to the many parents who have settled their accounts for 2021. School fees are payable in advance – if you have any problems please address an email to firstname.lastname@example.org If a learner has lost books or the book is water damaged, please pay the R250 at the accounts office and submit the proof to the library. This will facilitate the collection and replacement of the books.
If you are paying for notes, book packs, and other items for 2022, please send proof of payment to email@example.com – indicate exactly what you are paying for so that we can allocate the money correctly.
We are experiencing high levels of stress and anxiety amongst the learners as they are writing exams. Please ensure that the children eat properly before coming to write exams and that they get sufficient rest the night before. Report any unusual behavior so that we can step in to help the learners.
The Heads of Grade assist with discipline and academic problems.
The SBST member for general counselling and discipline is Mrs Kata –firstname.lastname@example.org
The SBST member for missed assessments is Ms Zerf –email@example.com
The SBST member for account related issues and the feeding scheme is Mrs Healey. firstname.lastname@example.org
The social worker, Mrs Hennessy, is available on referral from one of the above SBST members and she will make an appointment with the learner and/or family – email@example.com
We trust that you will all stay safe and well.
Mrs L Sanders